April 10, 2016

BREAKING / SR VS RPK?

👇🏽
– - –
1.
2. RELATEDTHE ANC AND SARAWAK REPORT WANT TO SEND ME TO JAIL
– - –

RAJA PETRA: MAHATHIR AND SARAWAK REPORT TRYING TO SILENCE ME
He vowed not to back down, and defiantly wrote: “Do your worst”. 

REPORTED BY FREE MALAYSIA TODAY

Raja Petra Kamarudin has accused Sarawak Report editor Clare Rewcastle-Brown and the anti-Najib forces around former Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad of attempting to silence him for life through a court order and, at worst, commit him to jail. 
He wrote today that he had been sent a legal notice from Sarawak Report to take down all articles about Clare Rewcastle-Brown and Sarawak Report published at Malaysia Today and to publish an apology drafted by them. 
He vowed not to back down, and defiantly wrote: “Do your worst”. 
Raja Petra said the anti-Najib forces around Dr Mahathir Mohamad were behind the attempt to gag him. He has previously described Rewcastle-Brown as being an agent of Dr Mahathir, and said a cabal of businessmen had funded an international campaign to force Najib Razak out of office. 
Conversely, Raja Petra has rebutted many of the allegations against Najib and has himself published leaked information about the anti-Najib campaign. He has declared himself a supporter of Najib and stated that the prime minister would remain in office despite the efforts to dislodge him. 
After losing the battle in the court of public opinion, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC, Clare Rewcastle-Brown and Sarawak Report now want to use the court system to silence me and to prevent me from writing,” Raja Petra wrote today. 
The legal notice, details of which were not immediately available, stated that a court injunction would be obtained against him if he failed to comply. Raja Petra speculated that this would result in a committal order for contempt of court. 
He noted that he had always in the past refused requests to remove articles from Malaysia Today resulting in him “being charged and/or sued. I have been sued so many times that I have lost count, not to mention the numerous times my house has been raided and my computers, files, documents, etc., confiscated.” 
He said the people in the campaign knew that the take-down notice would not work and that they would need to obtain an injunction. A refusal to comply would result in committal for contempt of court. 
Further to that, they want me to publish an apology, which they will draft, and for me to give them a promise in writing that I will never publish any articles about Clare and Sarawak Report again. In short, I must agree to not only an apology but to a gag order for the rest of my life.” 
For more than a year Sarawak Report has published leaked documents and emails regarding the affairs of 1Malaysia Development Bhd, including a leaked image of what was purportedly a charge sheet for criminal proceedings against Najib. 
The government has blocked Malaysian Internet access to Sarawak Report, but the site remains online and its content is available through alternative channels. 
Raja Petra said Sarawak Report and the anti-Najib forces wanted “the freedom to say what they like, whether what they say about Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and Malaysia is true or not” but sought to refuse him the same freedom. 
He said that, on principle, he would not bow to their demands calling them “absolutely unacceptable”. 
Addressing Dr Mahathir, Rewcastle-Brown and Sarawak Report directly, Raja Petra said: “Do your worst. We have both now crossed the Rubicon and there is no longer any turning back.
('Raja Petra: Mahathir and Sarawak Report trying to silence me.' – Free Malaysia Today, April 10, 2016)



– - –
1. RAJA PETRA: MAHATHIR AND SARAWAK REPORT TRYING TO SILENCE ME
2.
– - –


RELATED: THE ANC AND SARAWAK REPORT WANT TO SEND ME TO JAIL
My final word to Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC, Clare Rewcastle Brown and Sarawak Report is: do your worst. We have both now crossed the Rubicon and there is no longer any turning back. And as much as they may try to oust Najib Tun Razak, he is still going to be the Prime Minister of Malaysia long after I come out of jail.

REPORTED BY MALAYSIA TODAY

NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

The Anti-Najib Campaign (ANC) through Sarawak Report wants to send me to jail. They have sent me a legal notice and have given me a week to remove all articles about Clare Rewcastle Brown and Sarawak Report from Malaysia Today. And if I refuse they are going to obtain a court injunction to compel me to do so.

After losing the battle in the court of public opinion, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC, Clare Rewcastle Brown and Sarawak Report now want to use the court system to silence me and to prevent me from writing.

This has happened a number of times in the past. However, each time I was asked to remove articles from Malaysia Today I have always refused to do so. And this has resulted in me being charged and/or sued. I have been sued so many times that I have lost count, not to mention the numerous times my house has been raided and my computers, files, documents, etc., confiscated.

So they know that sending me a legal notice to remove articles from Malaysia Today is not going to work. And that would mean they would then need to go to court to obtain an injunction. And if I still refuse to remove those articles, they will say I have committed contempt of court, and then I would be sent to jail.

That, the ANC and Sarawak Report know, is going to be the final outcome to this whole thing.

Further to that, they want me to publish an apology, which they will draft, and for me to give them a promise in writing that I will never publish any articles about Clare and Sarawak Report again. In short, I must agree to not only an apology but to a gag order for the rest of my life.

Sarawak Report wants the freedom to say what they like, whether what they say about Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and Malaysia is true or not. If they are prevented or blocked from publishing, they will scream about how Malaysia is a dictatorship and how Umno does not respect freedom of speech and so on. However, they will not allow me that same freedom and want to send me to jail unless I remove all articles about them from Malaysian Today, issue an apology, pay a huge compensation, and agree to a permanent gag.

If I do what they want me to do, then I will be admitting that they are right and that I am wrong. And this would also mean everything they said about Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak is true as well while what I said about Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC and Sarawak Report are false.

In that case I might as well just publish a confession saying that Najib did steal RM42 billion of 1MDB’s money (or probably even more than RM50 billion) and that RM2.6 billion of that money (or probably even RM4.2 billion) was transferred to Najib’s personal bank account — because this would tantamount to the same thing.

This is absolutely unacceptable because then everything we have been fighting for over more than a year would in the end all have come to naught. Hence, based on principle, I have to defend my position and not bow to their demands by conceding defeat even if that would mean time in jail.

While the ANC and Sarawak Report want me to remove articles from Malaysia Today, apologise for these articles, pay a huge compensation, and promise to no longer publish any articles regarding them on Malaysia Today, are they prepared to do the same? They still insist that Najib stole RM42 billion (or maybe even more than RM50 billion, they now say) of 1MDB’s money while RM2.6 billion (or maybe RM4.2 billion) of this money was transferred to Najib’s personal bank account.

In the final analysis, that is what all this boils down to.

My final word to Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC, Clare Rewcastle Brown and Sarawak Report is: do your worst. We have both now crossed the Rubicon and there is no longer any turning back. And as much as they may try to oust Najib Tun Razak, he is still going to be the Prime Minister of Malaysia long after I come out of jail.
('The ANC and Sarawak Report want to send me to jail.' – Malaysia Today, April 10, 2016)

👋🏽

– - –
The NINE QUESTIONS Blog will return with more facts.
– - –